26 March 2013

As a Chiefs fan

This video makes me really appreciate Alex Smith's character.
The Trailer, via youtube:

And this one makes me like him, as well:
The compensation tells me a few things as well.  They did not view any QB in the draft as a guy worth taking #1 overall that they thought would start right away.  They want to win now while they rebuild the culture and roster of the Kansas City Chiefs.  Either they will draft a guy later in the draft to be the 3rd backup, or keep Stanzi.  But, signing Smith and Chase Daniel, that pretty much tells me they're not drafting a QB this year.

They've franchised Branden Albert and are actively shopping him.  They think they can improve the position with the 1st overall pick, or they have every intention of trading down.  I don't see Albert getting traded before the 1st pick has been traded, but what do I know?

I'll be rooting for Alex in KC, and I know he can't be worse than the QBs that the Chiefs played with in 2012, so it's an upgrade!

No comments:

Post a Comment